I suggest you..

Remove cached images (by API/manual)

GIVEN:
//------------------------------------------------------------------------
image source (url parametre) is:

maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/staticmap?sensor=false&size=2048x350&scale=2&maptype=roadmap&zoom=13&markers=color:blue|size:small|1400+Oakton+Street,+Evanston,+IL+60202

encoded version:

maps.googleapis.com%2Fmaps%2Fapi%2Fstaticmap%3Fsensor%3Dfalse%26size%3D2048x350%26scale%3D2%26maptype%3Droadmap%26zoom%3D13%26markers%3Dcolor%3Ablue%257Csize%3Asmall%257C1400%2BOakton%2BStreet%2C%2BEvanston%2C%2BIL%2B60202

I'm using following images.weserv.nl parametres:

&w=70&t=square&h=70

final link:

http://images.weserv.nl/?url=maps.googleapis.com%2Fmaps%2Fapi%2Fstaticmap%3Fsensor%3Dfalse%26size%3D2048x350%26scale%3D2%26maptype%3Droadmap%26zoom%3D13%26markers%3Dcolor%3Ablue%257Csize%3Asmall%257C1400%2BOakton%2BStreet%2C%2BEvanston%2C%2BIL%2B60202&w=70&t=square&h=70

//----------------------------------------------------------------------------

ISSUE:

Some of the "google map images" cached properly, some of them is not (link provided above - final link)

Looks like when caching process is broken by any internal reason, the "image url" is still remembered as a key in your collection. So there is no way to rebuild correct cache for that "broken" image.

QUESTION:

Is any api/way to expire/delete/rebuild/invalidate existing image cache?

8 votes
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Eugene HuseynovEugene Huseynov shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Hi Eugene,

This project didn't start with the intent of providing access to reset/update/delete images. To serve all users, there are caches at multiple levels involved (edge, processing, backplanes, requesters). The difficulty is that not all of these caches are capable of reliable removing single entries, and the freshness is also varying wildly (based on effort to recreate, the number of requests, etc, etc).

However, the feature as proposed is still on the roadmap, and will probably be implemented in the next code-refresh. When this will be finished is uncertain, as many new features and changes are to be incorporated in such an update.

In the meanwhile, you could consider using our code to set up your own solution. The GitHub-repo is sans any cache, so you should extent it with your own caching solution, or disregard it completly. For starters I would advise some form of reverse caching proxy (like nginx).

-- Andries

• Eugene HuseynovEugene Huseynov commented  · 

Hi Andries.

I appreciate for your time and energy you spend for this project.
        Any luck to fix such king issues or may be add an API for the project so customers could reset/update/delete cached images themself?

Thank you one more time.
        Eugene

Feedback and Knowledge Base